Applications for At-Large Seats
The Contra Costa County Sustainability Commission is now accepting applications for three at-large seats. Applications are due Friday, February 22, 2019, at 5 p.m. You can find more information and applications instructions in the attached.
Sustainability Commission At-Large Solicitation Notice (PDF)
- Provide Advice to staff and the Board on successful implementation of the Climate Action Plan, including suggestions on how that work can be performed more efficiently and effectively.
- Advise the Board on opportunities to realize equity and fairness across the diverse communities of Contra Costa County in sustainability programs that support the Climate Action Plan.
- Provide suggestions to staff and the Board on how to better engage Contra Costa County residents and businesses on sustainability issues and implementation of the Climate Action Plan.
Agenda/MeetingsMost Recent Agenda
To sign up for Sustainability Commission email or SMS alerts, please visit the County's Notify Me page. You will need to log in and go the Sustainability Commission, located under Agenda Center.
The Sustainability Committee consists of eleven members and five alternates, selected as follows
- Five members - one member from each Supervisorial district (must be a resident of that district), nominated by the Supervisor for that district, and approved by the Board of Supervisors. Each Supervisor also appoints an alternate;
- Two members representing community groups whose mission includes sustainability and/or environmental issues;
- Two members representing commercial groups or organizations whole business focuses on sustainability and/or environmental issues;
- One member representing environmental justice issues and who lives in a disadvantaged community;
- One member representing an education or research institution.
Annual Reports and Climate Action Plan Progress Reports
Sustainability Commission 2018 Annual Report and 2019 Work Plan (PDF)
Sustainability Commission 2017 Annual Report and 2018 Work Plan (PDF)
Climate Action Plan Progress Report
Climate Action Plan Report 2018 (PDF)
2018 Climate Action Plan Progress Report - All Measures (PDF)
2017 Climate Action Plan Progress Report (PDF)